5:10 PM

It's dark. My heart thudded wildly underneath my ribcage. I was so afraid that it would be loud enough to betray me- lead them to me. There was no sound but my ragged breathing. There was a sharp pain on my leg, but that was becoming insignificant next to the fear that ran through my blood veins. How long before they find me here? Sitting invitingly for them to catch a hold on me.

My fingers brushed along the wall next to me. Searching for something, searching for an opening I could crawl through. There was none. I was trapped in this small, dark room. No, there should be a way out. I got up into a crouch and searched along the walls, moving along it. Then there was a click- the door knob being turned. My heart raced even faster. I picked up the pace as heavy footsteeps neared. The person who just came in matched my breathing. He was running too.

"Come out, girl. You can't run forever," he chuckled. This was amusing to him. My fear, my flight, my oncoming death. Dread filled me and my hands continued their frantic search for an escape route other than the door he just came through. I heard the squeak of his shoe as he walked towards me. I felt the pain and the jolt when his hand came down hard on my shoulder. I could almost see him grin in my head- his joy for my death. As he pulled himself closer, I could smell the scent of alcohol from his breath. I heard a whimper. It came from me.

"It's over, girl."



I awoke feeling damp and warm. There was this fast, constant beeping sound on my left. I guess that was what woke me. It was matching the pace of my heart beat. Every beat it made, the machine followed as though it were racing together with my frantic heart. There was this clean, sanitized smell that made its way to my nose. Where was I?

I knew the answer even before I opened my eye lids. I had to shut them close again on the first try. The white that I saw blinded me. It was also one of the reasons why I hate hospitals here. They are always so white. Purity. How fake. Their white was a cover up to the many people that bled and died here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe